As an interior designer and someone who’s committed to healthy meals and exercise, I’ve observed that first: our most consistent wellness practices begin at home.
- Exercise: You don’t have to go somewhere or stop someplace to exercise, meaning no fancy workout clothes or lipstick is required.
- Diet: You have the option to “have” or “not have” in the home tempting wine, dairy or sugary treats.
- Rest: Where you can always find a quiet and pretty spot to rejuvenate yourself.
And second: your home has the ability to support and revitalize you, or drain you.
- When the home is well planned, beautiful and nicely maintained it adds balance, support and so much joy to your life.
- Or conversely speaking, when it’s worn, dysfunctional and dirty it has the ability to drag you down and discourage you, lending to disorganization, depression and apathy.
To get you started I’ve prepared a list of action steps below!